St. Albans Parish Council are pleased to announce the launch of a new Monthly Photo Competition.
The purpose of the competition is to celebrate the natural beauty of our parish, to encourage people to take an interest in the environment in which they live and to share these across the community over the seasons.
All photos must be taken within the boundaries of the Parish.
The competition is split into 2 categories:
Under 16 & Over 16
- Photos must be representative of the theme ‘Images of St Albans Parish Council’, but can be of any style including landscapes, wildlife, creative images, street photography and architectural amongst others. Images can be in colour, monochrome, or tints.
- Photos must not include the faces of any person and must be of a suitable nature to be shared in public.
- There are 2 categories:
- General Competition for entrants aged over 16
- Junior Competition for entrants aged 16 or under
- All photos must be taken either of or within the boundaries of the Parish.
- The competition is open to amateur photographers of all kinds and we welcome entries by local school students. Entrants to the Junior competition must also state entrants’ age and school.
- You may submit as many entries as you wish. Each entry must be accompanied by a separate entry form.
- Only images sent in electronic / digital formats will be accepted.
- Each image should be titled by the file name and include details of when and where the image was taken.
- Entering could not be easier simply complete the application form and upload the photo you would like to submit into the competition. We will close the competition at the end of each month, so be sure to enter early to avoid disappointment.
- By entering this competition you grant us permission to display the entry on this website
The following prizes are on offer to the winners:
General Competition (aged 16+):
• First Prize – £10 high street gift voucher
Junior Competition (aged 16 or under):
• First prize - £10 high street gift voucher
All images will be judged by a panel comprising of the Chairman, Vice Chairman and Clerk. The judges’ decisions will be final.
Length of Competition
The photo competition will run from March 2021 to March 2022 at which point it will be reviewed.
Entrants must be made aware that, whilst the photographer who submit entries will retain full rights to any image submitted, they will also be granting permission for the image to be used in the Parish Council website and any other published materials (such as, but not limited to, a calendar for sale to raise funds for a charitable cause) and to be edited or cropped in a manner befitting the publication requirements.